Here are the steps and recommendations on how to raise a support case with the DataCore support team.
Registering to DataCore Support portal
- Browse to the DataCore Support Portal.
- If you are new to DataCore and have never opened a case before, click Register to create a new .
When the account creation screen prompts, it needs some required information:
- Name - Enter the first and last name.
- Email Address - It is advised to use the company's email address.
- Password - Enter a strong password and confirm it by entering the same password.
- Employer - Enter the name of the employer.
- Country - Select the country of your employer to get active support based on your timezone.
- Address - Enter the complete address of your employer, city, state/province, and postal code.
- Contact Number - Enter both official and personal contact numbers.
- License Key - This is only for existing DataCore customers to access the support portal. For someone who is new to DataCore customer support, skip this field.
- Click Create Account.
- The user receives an email on the registered email address from email@example.com. If the email is not received yet in the mail inbox, check the Spam/Junk folder.
This email contains some information such as:
- Login User ID
- A link to reset the password
- Contacting DataCore Support - Quick Guide
- Ticket severity type
- Escalation details
- DataCore Support Policy
- Use the provided credentials to login. After successful login, the user lands on the Support Home screen as shown below:
The first name is displayed before Logout as highlighted above.
After successful login, please reply to the email to confirm that the account is all set up and working correctly.
Creating a Support Case
Before contacting Support, whoever submits the ticket should arrange to provide remote access to the environment if possible. It is also necessary to have appropriate administrative credentials for managing the Swarm install (for example, "root" access on SCS servers, Elasticsearch servers, Gateway servers, cluster admin account credentials, etc.).
If you don't allow access to the system, DataCore Support will be severely limited in their ability to assist you.
To create a new incident, refer to the following steps:
- Login to the DataCore Support portal.
- Click on Ask drop-down and select Ask Support.
- Fill out the form based on the query/problem/issue that the user wants to raise to the support team:
- Question Severity - Select the correct severity level for your incident.
- Subject - Provide a subject line; it is advised to use format <Partner_type>_<Issue Name> (e.g., End User_Lattency Issue).
- Customer Name - Select the customer name. If the name is not registered, select Others and then enter the organization's name.
Question/Problem - Enter the issue or problem experienced with respect to DataCore and wants to raise an incident for.
Ticket must contain vital information
Describe your environment. At a minimum, list the versions of the Swarm components associated with the account (such as “Swarm 14.1.0, …”).
Include a detailed explanation of the problem.
List any troubleshooting steps attempted (if any).
Include the name of the cluster so we can identify it in our health report listing, if possible.
Include the name of the end customer if contacting on behalf of someone else.
- Product Name - Select the product name for which this incident is to be created.
- Category - Choose the correct category. For an incident, select Problems/Questions.
- Ticket Number - Provide the ticket number when it is an existing ticket follow-up. Otherwise, leave it blank.
- Alternate Email (cc) - The alternate email address is optional but can be provided.
- Attach File - Choose a support file if any for the ticket reference.
- Click Submit Question.
Once the support case is created, note the case number and create and upload a log bundle to link to it. See /wiki/spaces/DOCS/pages/2936471821 for reference.